Out of South Africa:
Most countries at a minimum require all pets to have the following done prior to departure from South Africa:
- ISO 11784/85 compliant Microchip implanted
The most used and compliant brands available in South Africa: Virbac, Identipet, GetMeKnown & FiveStar ID.
- Valid and current vaccinations
Different destinations have different waiting periods, please check the Popular Destinations section for further information or Contact Us.
Dogs & puppies should have the following vaccinations: Rabies, Canine Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Para-influenza and Kennel Cough
Cats & kittens should have the following vaccinations: Rabies, Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia and Leukaemia
- There are destinations that require a Rabies Neutralizing Antibody Titre Test to be done as well as other blood tests for particular diseases.
- Certain destinations will require an Import Permit and this will include all restrictions & regulations for entry.
- A Veterinary Health Certificate prior to departure is always needed.
Certain countries have their own type of forms to be completed and within a specified period of time prior to travel.
This is always completed by the private veterinarian first and endorsed by a State Veterinarian responsible for the area you reside in or will be departing from.
- There are destinations that require pets to be quarantined on arrival, and this can vary from 1 week, 10 days to 1 month or 3 months.